Ministry of Energy and Mining
National Agency for the Valorisation of Hydrocarbons Resources (A.L.N.A.F.T)
National and International bid for expression of interest n°AC1/08
In anticipation to the launching of the first invitation to tenders, the National Agency for the Valorisation of Hydrocarbons Resources €˜'ALNAFT'' invites all foreign legal entities and all Algerian private or state-owned legal entities to formulate their interest as to be pre-qualified to conduct hydrocarbons research and exploitation activities in Algeria within the context of law n° 05-07.
Projects that shall be tendered concern perimeters located into the most potential fields of the Algerian mining sector. Such projects include zones with a high potential of oil and gas.
All persons interested, shall submit a pre-qualification request to the National Agency for the Valorisation of Hydrocarbon Resources ALNAFT, such request must contain all documents and information related to legal, technical and financial aspects as defined in appendixes A, B, C of Executive decree No 07-184.
ALNAFT will define on the basis of the analyses of documents and information provided by applicant, whether this later posses the required capabilities for pre-qualification. If the applicant is deemed qualified, ALNAFT shall issue a pre-qualification authorisation for a three (03) years period which shall set the role under which the person may tender for (Investor-operator in onshore and/or in offshore or investor- no- operator).
Tel: 00 213 (0)21 48 82 67
Fax: 00 213 (0)21 48 82 76
Pre-qualification proceedings and terms PDF Version
In application of article 32 of law n° 05-07 relating to hydrocarbons and to executive decree no 07-184 dated 9th June 2007, the pre-qualification proceeding and terms required are specified as follows:
1. Required documentation and information:
- The pre-qualification request consists of the expression of interest letter and legal, technical and financial documentation and information. The request form and the subject matter are specified in enclosed appendixes 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- The expression of interest letter for the pre-qualification shall be written in French and signed by a representative of the applicant duly entitled.
- Legalised, certified and true copies of the original documentation by a person having statutory authority, shall be presented in their original language with a translation into French. Annual reports and financial statements controlled shall be presented in their original language with a translation into French, unless the original copy is in French, English or Arabic. Any other required documentation or information, especially technical one, shall be presented in French or English.
2. Pre-qualification request processing and mailing modalities:
- the request shall be transmitted to ALNAFT, by mail or by carrier in duplicate and a copy on digital form, to the following address:
Ministère de l'Energie et des Mines
Agence Nationale pour la Valorisation des Ressources en Hydrocarbures
« ALNAFT »
Tour B Val d'Hydra 16035 Alger, Algérie
- enveloppes must show the mention : « Appel à manifestation d'intérêt n° AC1/08 ».
- If ALNAFT deems the request complete, and that further information is not necessary, it shall inform the applicant about the outcome of his application within thirty (30) days after receipt of the pre-qualification request.
- Within fifteen days (15) following receipt of the request, ALNAFT shall inform the applicant if it deems the request incomplete or if further information is necessary, this includes an interview with the applicant, such procedure is necessary to understand or clarify the request; the latter is bound to provide the aforesaid information.
- In such case, ALNAFT shall notify the applicant, within twenty (20) days following the receipt of the extra information or clarification, about the outcome of the pre-qualification request.
3. Pre-qualification filing date:
Given the imminence of inviting tenders and the start of workshops (data rooms), the pre-qualification request must be delivered to the Agency as soon as possible.
4. Pre-qualification types:
- ALNAFT shall issue a pre-qualification certificate which shall indicate in which capacity the pre- qualified person may tender for, i.e.:
Either as an Operator-Investor in onshore only,
Either as an Operator-Investor in onshore and offshore,
Either as an Investor non-Operator.
Operator-Investor: a person that has technical qualifications and experience to act as Operator and has the required financial means to fulfil any possible contractual obligation.
Investor- non Operator: a person that has the required financial means in a position to fulfil the possible contractual obligations, but not necessarily the technical qualifications or required experience to operate.
- Pre-qualified applicant as Investor €“ non-Operator can only participate as a part of a consortium led by a person pre-qualified as Operator-Investor.
- A pre-qualified person as Operator- Investor may participate as Investor within the context of a consortium led by another pre-qualified person as Operator- Investor and acting as such.
- In case of projects that require specific technical expertise unavailable or not mastered by most oil companies, any pre-qualified person may be called upon by ALNAFT for a further pre-qualification within the framework of the initial phase of the bid related to this type of project.
Expression of interest sample letter «Appendix 1 »